You can trigger plans to appear or add to an applicant’s account based on conditions that the applicants meet. This logic lets you customize the choices your applicants see. Just like products, plans without a trigger will appear for everyone.
To begin, go to the Autobill page (“Settings” > “Autobill”).
Now you can locate the plan that you would like to trigger. Hover over the plan and select the purple “Trigger” button.
Here you can start the triggering process by selecting what the trigger will do to the plan. There are three options to choose from:
- Show plan in user’s plan list – When condition is not met users will not see the plan.
- Add plan to user and hide from others – If the condition is met the plan will be added. Users that the condition is not met for them will not see the plan.
- Add plan to user and show to others – If the condition is met the plan will be added, if not users can select it.
The first two options are the most commonly used for autobilling plans. Showing plans works well if you want to limit the user’s selection somewhat, but still want to give them a few plans to select from. Adding plans and hiding them works well if you would like to make the choice for the user. This is great for collecting a required deposit for a particular product.
With your selection made, you can then set your trigger condition by selecting the “Set Trigger Conditions” button.
Now you can select what the user needs to do to activate the trigger. Below is a breakdown of the different triggering options. Note that typically autobill plans are triggered based on a user’s registration type or their product selections. These can be found under “Fields” or “Products“, respectively.
Quick reminder, plans do not need to be triggered if they should be available for all users!
- Registration: This section has options based on the overall registration (i.e. “user registers” or “child created”)
- Status: Triggers in this section would be comprised of the statuses that are created in the User Management section (i.e. “excluded status” or some other customstatus).
- Payments: This section is where you can trigger based on the status of each payment made (i.e. “payment compete” or “needs to close balance”).
- Forms: Triggers that can be set on the status of forms in their registration (i.e. “form complete” or “form incomplete”).
- Products/Services: Triggers that can be set on selection and payment of products (i.e.”product added to cart” or “product paid for”).
- Fields: Triggers that are set according to the answers selected by your registrants (i.e. if they say yes to a multiple choice question, or complete an answer field).
- Trigger settings:
- All options are required: The trigger will not activate unless ALL conditions are met.
- Any option is sufficient: The trigger will activate on ANY conditions that is listed.
- Reverse Trigger: This will remove the form if the condition(s) that you’ve selected are not fulfilled.
Once your selections are made, go ahead and select “Save Autobill Trigger” in the bottom right hand corner to save your trigger.