To help manage a Regpack group system, admins have the ability to add additional sub-units (children/campers/attendees) from the back end of the system.
In order to do add a child registration to an existing family in your Regpack project, first go to user management.
On the left panel, click “Users”.
Next, access the head unit (or parent)’s side menu by clicking on their name.
If you do not see it immediately, you can use the Search bar to find the specific family by last name, or parent email. Once their account appears, click on the parent name.
Once the menu window is open, click on the family tab at the top, as show below.
Then, click the “Create new camper” button at the bottom right of the window. The child’s registration will be created instantly and added to the family.
At this point you can either fill out their information or instruct the registrant to complete the new registration by logging into their account on the front end of the system using their username and password.
Since you’ve added the child to their account, they will now see the child and all forms associated with the child.
How your users can add a new child or sub-unit from their Dashboard
If you would like to instruct your users to add a new child or sub-unit on their own, direct them to their dashboard when logged in to their account.
Go to the family tab, and they can click “Add Child”, the blue button on the right, and add another child record. By clicking the button, a new child account will be created and they’ll be taken to the first child form to complete the process of registration, selecting products, and checking out.
From the back end, you can navigate to the dashboard form and customize the “Child Profile” widget if you would like to enable additional settings.
Go to Forms —> System —> Dashboard and click “Edit Form Fields”
Then click on the “child profile” widget, and you can set the following settings:
You can turn on/off a number of settings that will customize the experience of the user on the dashboard.
- Display orders and payments for each sub-unit – this will present the order, payment, and balance information on the dashboard.
- Allow adding a child through the widget – this will present a button to allow the user to add an additional sub-unit to their group or family from the dashboard
- Remove a sub-unit from the group or family from the dashboard- this will allow the user to delete/archive a sub-unit from the dashboard.
- Always present the “Add product” button to the user on the dashboard
- Button text values – this allows you to customize the text on the buttons of this widget. This is a great option when you have specific terms you would like to use for your users based on your project type.