Making an invoice for your applicants can be a great way to ensure that no mistakes were made in the payment process and to provide an official receipt of payments made.
As a reminder all electronic payments will automatically receive a receipt via email upon payment. Creating an invoice using Regpack’s “Emails” tool, allows you to further customize the email invoice to include details left out of the payment receipt, including products ordered, autobill plan details, and more.
To begin, make sure you are in the Message Management interface by selecting ‘Settings’ and then ‘Emails’.
To start the invoice process, you’ll need to create an email (which you can learn to do here).
First, go ahead and write your email out- then place your cursor wherever you would like the tokens to show up. Tokens are data in your system, like the name of the applicant or the products ordered. By placing a token in the email, the actual data for that applicant will populate when the email sends.
The list of possible tokens will be on the right hand side and under ‘System’ you will see ‘System Field’ tokens. (Pictured below.)
If you are in a family system, you’ll want to select the “List of child/sub-unit payments’ and “Child/sub-unit art list” tokens. In an individual system, there will only be 1 option for “list of payments”, etc.
Once you add the tokens you’d like to include in the email invoice, you can save the email template and it’s ready for you to use!
Now that the “invoice” is created in your system you have to choose the distribution method – below we have provided you a couple of options:
- You can choose to send the messages manually. Instructions on sending messages manually can be found here.
- Sending manually will mean you send out the email each time you’d like an applicant to receive your email invoice. It will NOT happen automatically.
- You can also choose to trigger the email to automatically send. Instructions on adding triggers to send emails can be found here.
- If you’d like all applicants to receive this email every time a payment is made, we recommend this option. You can set up a trigger to send the email every time a payment is marked “Completed”, as shown below.
- By triggering this email, it will happen automatically. Once you set up the trigger, you don’t have to do anything else!
- The trigger settings will also allow you to select what email address the invoice will send from (must be an admin in your system) and to who you would like the email to go, including any CC or BCC options.