Regpack automatically sends an invoice email to applicants when a payment is made in the system. You do not have to do anything to turn this functionality on, it happens automatically!
The invoice email that is sent to the user will provide a full summary of the payment. The summary will include the payment transaction ID #, the payment method used (credit card or e-check) and the soft descriptor that will appear on the users bank statement. It will also provide the user their cart history, which holds all of the products the user ordered; and their payment history, which shows all of the payments they made to you.
Below is an example of the automatic payment email applicants receive:
Creating an additional invoice using Regpack’s “Emails” tool, allows you to create a custom payment email invoice to include additional details, if needed.
Note: Although you have the option of creating your own invoice, the system generated invoice cannot be edited or disabled. If you create your own invoice, note that the user will receive both your customized invoice, and the system generated invoice.
If you would like to create an additional invoice email to send to applicants, make sure you are in the Email Module interface by selecting ‘Settings’ and then ‘Emails’.
To start the invoice process, you’ll need to create an email (which you can learn to do here).
First, go ahead and write your email out- then place your cursor wherever you would like the tokens to show up. Tokens are data in your system, like the name of the applicant or the products ordered. By placing a token in the email, the actual data for that applicant will populate when the email sends.
The list of possible tokens will be on the right hand side and under ‘System’ you will see ‘System Field’ tokens. (Pictured below.)
If you are in a family system, you’ll want to select the “List of child/sub-unit payments’ and “Child/sub-unit art list” tokens. In an individual system, there will only be 1 option for “list of payments”, etc.
Once you add the tokens you’d like to include in the email invoice, you can save the email template and it’s ready for you to use!
Now that the “invoice” is created in your system you have to choose the distribution method – below we have provided you a couple of options:
- You can choose to send the messages manually. Instructions on sending messages manually can be found here.
- Sending manually will mean you send out the email each time you’d like an applicant to receive your email invoice. It will NOT happen automatically.
- You can also choose to trigger the email to automatically send. Instructions on adding triggers to send emails can be found here.
- If you’d like all applicants to receive this email every time a payment is made, we recommend this option. You can set up a trigger to send the email every time a payment is marked “Completed”, as shown below.
- By triggering this email, it will happen automatically. Once you set up the trigger, you don’t have to do anything else!
- The trigger settings will also allow you to select what email address the invoice will send from (must be an admin in your system) and to who you would like the email to go, including any CC or BCC options.
Sending Payment Notices To Yourself & Other Admins
If you would like to know when a user has made a payment, and would like that alert to come via email, you can set up a triggered email using the steps above but have the email send to yourself and/or another admin in your system instead of to the applicant.
Simply create the email template with the information you’d like. Common tokens include name of applicant, cart list, products ordered and previous payments.
Then simply create the “Payment was marked as: approved” trigger, and ensure the trigger is set up to email the admin(s) of your choice.