Form conditional logic allows you to have fields appear based on the answer to previous questions. This can be triggered to happen either within the same form or even between forms
NOTE: For those of you with Family Systems, this does not include triggering between parent and child level forms!
To begin, make sure you are in the Form Management interface by selecting the “Form” tab under the “Settings” menu (located to the right of the Regpack logo).
Mouse over the form you’d like to edit and click “edit fields”.
Now you begin the triggering process – you can either click on a single field and click the trigger button.
Or mouse over the field and click the check box for each field you would like to trigger – then click “set bulk trigger” which appears at the top-right of the form.
Clicking this opens up the triggering window, where you will need to add or remove trigger event(s). After you select the event(s) click “That’s it. I’m Finished”.
- Registration:This section has options based on the overall registration (i.e. “user registers” or “child created”)
- Status:Triggers in this section would be comprised of the statuses that are created in the User Management section (i.e. “excluded status” or some other customstatus).
- Payments:This section is where you can trigger based on the status of each payment made (i.e. “payment compete” or “needs to close balance”).
- Forms:Triggers that can be set on the status of forms in their registration (i.e. “form complete” or “form incomplete”).
- Products/Services:Triggers that can be set on selection and payment of products (i.e.”product added to cart” or “product paid for”).
- Fields:Triggers that are set according to the answers selected by your registrants (i.e. if they say yes to a multiple choice question, or complete an answer field).
- Trigger settings:
- All options are required:The trigger will not activate unless ALL conditions are met.
- Any option is sufficient:The trigger will activate on ANY conditions that is listed.
TIP: If you are trying to trigger the field based on the question above it, we’d recommend you start typing the question into the search bar – it will automatically pop up as you keep typing!
Once the trigger is set the lightning bolt located on the right of the field will light up. Clicking this bolt will allow you to easily inspect the triggers associated with that field.