To create a product, navigate to the “Settings” side menu. Select “Products” to get to the Product Management page.
On this page, you’ll see two buttons: “Create Category” and “Create Product.” Click “Create Product” to create your first product.
You can also add a new product after you have already created Categories (think of these as folders for Products). Simply hover over the Category name and click on the “Add Product” button.
You will see a menu on the left appear. This will allow you to create your product. Here, you can add a name, product type, price, and description for your product. You must add a name and a price for each product you create.
There are three different product types in the system. They are as follows:
- Service- A service you are selling. This product type also has the ability for recurring and customalizable time periods, check-in options and more.
Select this type for courses, events, camps and anything that has dates connected to it and you do not need to ship to the user.
- Physical Product / Merchandise- Select this product type for anything users can purchase and you need to actually ship it to them.
Select this type for zero valued products as well.
- Discount- Reduces the price of the entire cart or the price of specific products.
Can be a fixed value or a percentage.
There are some other options available to further clarify your products. Scroll down the menu to view theses.
- Can only be ordered once- As the description states, selecting “On” will ensure that this product can only be picked once by an account or sub-account. Leaving it unchecked will allow your registrants to select more than one of this product.
- Available to users for selection- When this is “On”, this product will be available for selection when a registrant is selecting their products. Leaving this unchecked would ensure that users do not see this product. This can be useful when adding a registration fee that should automatically add to a user’s cart rather than be selected by the registrant.
A little more information on product settings:
- Dates and Sessions- Here you can select the dates, days and times of the service. If you like you can create multiple options. This works great for creating reoccurring sessions that occur in a set period of time. Based on your selections that system will automatically create sub products that will allow check-in, reporting and additional options per day.
- You can read more about Dates and Sessions here.
- Product Locking Settings
- Lock for changes once paid- Turning this on will ensure that your registrants cannot change what they’ve selected after the product has been paid for. This is selected by default.
- Lock once added to cart- Turning this on will ensure that once this product has been added to a cart, it cannot be removed. This is especially useful for registration fees.
- Availability/Expiration Date- here you can adjust when a product will be made available in the system, or when it will stop appearing as available to users.
- Fund Allocation Settings- Turning this option on will force the payments made by a user allocate themselves to this product first.
- Quota Settings- Quotas can be used to limit the amount of your product that is available for selection.
- Adding a quota to “items that users have ordered” means that once a user selects this product, they will take up a slot in the quota (even if they have not paid for it).
- Inversely, “Items that users have paid for” determines that a slot will not be taken until the user makes a payment. When adding a quota to this, a Partial Payment option will show up — this will allow users to take up a slot in the quota when they have only made a partial payment and the product is not yet paid for (such as when users pay a deposit before paying for a full product).
- Allow waitlist: This determines whether registrants can still select a product after the quota has been met. Registrants can be added to a waitlist for your product.