Copying projects allows you to create a brand new database in which you can manage your next round of applicants.
Copying a project is the first step in getting your new registration ready for launch.
Below we’ll walk through how to create a new project based off of an existing one.
Read about how to create a NEW project, using our templates, in this article.
First, select Project Settings from the Settings menu.
Click the create new project button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Note that you can also create a new project by selecting “Create New Project while viewing your projects in the bottom left of the screen.
Both methods will bring you to a page where you are able to either copy this project or create a new one from a template.
You can choose to either copy this project or copy over one of your other ones.
Copying your existing project will keep your set up form the previous year, and works well if this new project will be similar. Working from a template is a great way to start fresh if you would like to try something new.
Once you’ve made your selection you’ll need to make some final decisions:
1) Give the project a name
2) Accept the mandatory charge of $50 (this is waived if you are on an annual plan, but you must still click “Yes” for the project creation to continue), and decide whether you would like to have a project manager assigned to you for an additional cost.
3) And decide what information you would like to copy over from your original project into the new copy. The default is to leave everything copied in the new project, as they can be removed later on if you would like. This is helpful if the structure is the same. Once copied over, you can edit text and/or questions to update it for the current season.
- Electronic Payment Processing Account
- Payouts in the new project will continue to be will be deposited to the same bank account associated with the project which you have copied
- User Statuses
- Keep all of your current status’s which you have been applying to your applicants in their status box
- Includes all of the fields on each of your forms
- Includes all of their associated settings (prices, quotas, etc…)
- Includes all of your report templates
- Includes all email templates, including all tokens
- Auto billing Plans
- Will not affect your current users on auto billing, but will copy over your current plans
- Scheduler units
- Copies over your time units – note that dates will need to be updated
- Will copy over all of your current triggers for emails, products, fields, etc… (highly recommended)
- User Information Porting
- Will port over your applicant’s information for fixed fields (such as addresses, contact info, etc…). Variable fields, upon which things are triggered (examples could include grade, age, etc…) are left blank so that they can be answered again. Note that they will not populate as users in your new project, but if an existing user signs in, their information will automatically be there!
Click “Create Project”, and you are all done!