The settings in the registration tab allow you to fine-tune how the system interacts with and presents to users. To get to the registration tab, go to Settings —> click Project Settings —> click Registration.
The registration tab is broken into the following categories:
This section of the Registration tab lets you control the flow for new users.
- New applicants can register – enable or disable the creation of new accounts
- Project Start Page – choose the landing page for your project
- Which form should appear after account creation? – choose the first form you want users to see after their account is created
This section of the Registration tab lets you control what happens when existing users log back into their accounts. You can choose for users to be directed either to where they left off in the registration process or to a specific form, regardless of where they were.
- Which form should appear when returning applicants log in? – choose the first form you want users to see when they log back into their accounts
- In a group system, you’ll also be able to control the following settings for sub-units:
- First form to present after sub account created – the form users are directed to after creating a sub account
- Form to present when re-entering sub account – the form users are directed to when they re-enter a sub account
- Auto create sub account after head-unit (parent) account flow is complete – ON tells the system to automatically create a sub account after the head unit registration is complete. When set to OFF, users will be able to add sub accounts from their dashboard.
- Flow through sub accounts automatically – ON will have the system move from one sub account to the next (when there are multiple) automatically
- Offer to create new sub account (child) at the end of each sub registration process – ON will have the system offer to create a new sub account at the end of each sub registration.
- when set to ON, you will also be able to edit the text displayed in the offer
Archived Users and Locked Forms
Modify the messages users see when they re-visit a locked form or if they try to log back into an archived account.
This section lets you control settings for user accounts in an anonymous system, where your offerings are presented to users before asking them for any information. Anonymous systems automatically create random credentials for every visitor.
Learn more about anonymous registrations here.
- Give user option to manually create credentials in an anonymous system – when turned ON, users will be able to edit the anonymous credentials assigned to them when they visited your project to re-access their account.
- Check for duplicate emails – when turned ON, the system will not permit users to register multiple accounts under one email address.
- Manual password creation optional – when turned ON, users will be able to go through the registration flow with their anonymous credentials. When turned OFF, a password for the anonymous account will be mandatory to confirm their selected offerings.
- Capitalize names – when turned ON, the system will try to make sure first, last, and organization names are capitalized correctly. For example: “john” and “regpack” will be turned into “John” and “Regpack,” accordingly.
- Check emails against DNS servers – when turned ON, the system will check the email address and structure to ensure it’s valid.
- Password recovery email links to embedded page – when turned ON, password recovery links will direct to the webpage the system is embedded into.
- Submit button position on right – TRUE will position the “skip this step” option (if visible) on the left side of the page and FALSE positions it on the right.