In this Purchase Protection, unless the context otherwise requires, words and phrases with the same meaning as those defined below shall be construed accordingly and the singular shall include the plural and the masculine the feminine and vice versa.
- Accident – A bodily injury confirmed by a doctor that prevents the customer from attending the booked event.
- Applicant – A person who has made a booking alone or as part of a group on the Regpack system.
- Doctor – A qualified medical practitioner registered with a recognized professional body. A doctor cannot be the customer or a member of their immediate family.
- Emergency Services – The Police, Fire and Rescue Service or Emergency Medical Services.
- Booking/Booked Event – The pre-planned and pre-booked service(s)/event(s)/ticket(s) transacted by the customer.
- Illness – A physical or mental condition confirmed by a doctor that prevents the customer from attending the booked event.
- Immediate family – The husband, wife, partner, civil partner, parent, child, brother or sister of the customer.
- Normal Pregnancy – Symptoms which normally accompany pregnancy (including multiple pregnancy) and which are generally of a minor and/or temporary nature (e.g. morning sickness, fatigue etc.) which do not represent a medical hazard to mother or baby.
- Pre-existing medical condition – Any disease, illness or injury (whether diagnosed or not) at the date of booking.
We/us/ our – Regpack LTD.
WHAT IS COVERED
We will pay you the cost of your booking if you are unable to attend a booked event due to: The death, accident, or illness happening to the applicant or a member of their immediate family;
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
We will not provide a refund where:
- An illness or the death of the applicant, a member of a group or a member of their immediate family is caused by surgery, a change of treatment or medication for a pre-existing medical condition;
- The applicant or person acting on their behalf cannot provide a doctor’s report for accident or illness;
- The symptoms that accompany a normal pregnancy are the sole reason the customer cannot attend a booked event;
- The applicant or person acting on their behalf cannot return any unused tickets or vouchers forming part of the booking;
- The applicant or person acting on their behalf cannot provide evidence of the unused tickets when applying for a refund;
- The booked event/service is canceled, abandoned, postponed, curtailed or relocated;
- The applicant decides not to attend a booked event other than for a reason covered by this plan;
- The applicant or person acting on their behalf can recover any part of the booking;
- The applicant or person acting on their behalf makes a false or fraudulent refund application or supports a refund application by false or fraudulent document, device or statement.
- We will not pay for traveling or associated expenses (unless travel costs are included as part of the total booking price), or any loss other than the purchase price, including booking fee, of the booked event.
- We will not pay any costs incurred by the customer in submitting or providing evidence to support their refund application.
- We will not pay any consequence of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolutions, insurrection, military or usurped power, riot, civil commotion, strikes, lockout, terrorism, malicious intent or vandalism, confiscation or nationalisation of or requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.
- We will not pay any loss caused directly or indirectly by: ionizing radiations or contamination by radioactivity from nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel; the radioactive toxic explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof. We will not pay any loss caused directly or indirectly by damage or destruction directly occasioned by pressure waves caused by aircraft or other aerial devices traveling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
You must provide us with such information in support of your claim as we may reasonably request. This will include filling out an applicant refund application form and providing supporting documents and evidence the applicant. The information you provide us with must be in English. Any costs incurred in translations will be at your expense.
If your claim is covered, we will pay the value of the refund, subject to the benefit limit, to you. If, for any reason, your claim for indemnity is not covered, we will tell you why this is.
All claims payments will be settled in in the currency paid originally.
That the person making the claim notifies us as soon as practicably possible and in any circumstances within 30 (thirty) days of the incident which leads to a claim being made under the Refund Scheme.
The person making the claim submits to us all requested information/documentation in support of the refund application and in any circumstances, within 30 (thirty) days following the acknowledgment of the receipt of the refund application.
We may need to collect data relating to applicants which under the Data Protection Act is defined as sensitive (such as the customer’s medical history) for the purpose of administering claims. You must ensure that you have explicit verbal or written consent from the applicant to such information being processed by us and that this fact is made known to the applicant.
Personal details may be transferred to countries outside the EEA. They will at all times be held securely and handled with the utmost care in accordance with all principles of English law.