Regpack provides an easy to build template to create a customized donation tool that you can embed on your website and share with anyone!
Ready in 20 minutes!
Anonymous System (No Account Requirements)
- One Landing Page
- One Checkout Form
- Create a new project: With our ability to attach products to a specific product widget this can be done within an existing project, but we recommend building this as a standalone offering
- Choose our donation template: Easy as pie! Check out where to find it in the video below.
- Build donation offerings/packages: Use our products to build out as many options as you’d like including one-time donations and recurring options.
- Check in with our payments team: Feel free to ask questions if you have specific reporting requirements. In some cases, a 2nd merchant account may need to be open, so this is a great thing to ask. Email payments at email@example.com.
- Test and Go Live! Make sure it all works, embed the project on your website, and track all of your funds collected in our reporting tools.
How to Make Your Donation Project a Success
Use our Donation Template
The system provides a basic anonymous donation system that includes 2 forms: the donation selection form and the checkout form.
It’s also an option to have a login system if you’d like donors to log back in to view their payments.
Head over to “Create New Project”, shown above, and select “Donations”. Then create the project and customize away!
Because the system is anonymous, donors do not have to create an account in order to make a donation, which will make the donation process quick and easy!
Use the embed code to place this form directly on the page on your website you’d like to collect donations. You can also put the URL of this page behind any “Donate” buttons on your website to direct more traffic to you donation page.
Customize Your Products
Customize the amounts and recurring schedule for your donations. The template provided gives 3 basic options: monthly, annually and a one-time custom amount option.
To edit the product amounts and schedule, hover over each product and click “Edit”
You’ll see additional settings to further customize your donation schedule, options, auto charging, and more.
You can decide whether the product reoccurs or not, and whether you’d like the user to opt-in or out of the recurring charge and whether they can unsubscribe themselves in the future.
You can also set until when you’d like the product to add to the user’s cart. It can end “never”, after a specific set of occurrences, or on a fixed date. You decide what works best for your offerings.
A fixed date might be a great option if the donation is for a specific event or time period. “Never” is a great choice if it’s a general donation to your organization that doesn’t have a specific end date.
Add a checkout widget!
If you’ve used our template, the checkout widget is already built in to the project.
In an anonymous donation system, there are 2 forms: the first form has the name, email, and phone number fields + the product widget to show off your donation options.
The second form has the checkout widget, which will calculate the amount due today and collect payments via credit card or echeck.
Payment methods can be saved on file, which will allow the system to automatically charge them for the future dates on the donation schedule.
Managing Donors in Regpack: Next Steps
Once a user makes a donation, be sure to utilize the other Regpack tools to complete the experience for the donor and make managing your donor base easier.
- Trigger an email to go out with details of the donation and to say thank you! (Learn how to create and trigger an email)
- Use our Payments section to generate financial reports on your donations
- Use our Sales reports to view specific donation campaign data
More Ideas on using RP Tools to collect donations on your website
- Create email campaigns to market and stay in touch with donors
- Send a follow up email at a later date with how their funds were used, including pictures or links to video content.
- Download weekly, monthly, or quarterly reports on all donations.
- If donation campaigns are a common occurrence for your organization, feel free to use our template as a basis to create your own internal template. Creating future campaigns can be as easy as one click to copy and go live!