Regpack makes it easy to create a customized registration and online payment process for your after school or enrichment program.
Ready in just 30 minutes!
- 1 family template
- 2-5 reports
- 3-5 forms
- Product Widget
- Checkout Widget
- 1-4 Autobill plans
- Purchase Protection
Step 1: Create your after school program system using a pre-built template!
There are several to choose from, including an anonymous setup that will allow parents to view the program offerings BEFORE creating an account. Choose the best system for your process.
Step 2: Customize the project
The template includes the forms you’ll need, however you can rename fields, add or remove fields, insert your organization’s terms and conditions, and more.
Your first stop should be “Forms”, found under “Settings”. Here is where you will edit the questions and requirements of your process and it’s the best place to start.
You’ll see that the pre-made forms are separated by “Parent” and “Child” sections.
Parent forms are where forms completed by the parent that are applicable to all children will be. Think: Family information (parents, address, phone numbers, emails) and emergency contact information. You can also include terms and conditions on the parent level if they only need to be signed once per family, and not per child.
On the Child level, child forms include the information you need to gather for every child that will register in this family. So that will be child name, grade, age, etc as well as program selection, since you’ll register each child for specific programs.
Note that in the screenshot above, you see the terms “parent” and “camper”. You can change the terms used in your system to best match the language of your organization internally, by heading to Settings, Project Settings, and the “General Tab”. There you’ll see “Applicant Naming” and can change the language settings:
Step 3: Create Products and Autobill Plans
Notice that on the child level, each child has a “Program Selection” form, a “Payment Options” form and a “Checkout Form”. Each form has the product widget, autobill widget, and checkout widget respectively.
These widgets correspond with other settings in your system…
- Program selection = Product widget (Create and Edit Products by going to “Settings” –> Products)
- Payment options = Autobill (Create and edit autobill plans by going to “Settings” –> Autobill)
- Checkout = Make sure you have a merchant account set up!
Click the links in the bullet points above to learn how to create products, Autobill plans, and setup your merchant account.
Step 4: Create Reports and Emails
While you can create report templates at any point, it’s great to setup a few basic ones you know you’ll want to run frequently. Learn how to create new reports here.
As for emails, you’ll want to create all the email templates you’ll need that are triggered based on user actions, before you go live and begin collecting registration and payments.
Consider the following email templates and the corresponding email triggers to set up. To learn how to trigger an email, go here.
- Registration Confirmation Email – Thanking the parent for registering
- Include a link back to the login page so they can log back in to access their account
- Trigger: User account created OR child created (on child created, the same email will go out for each child created)
- Payment Review Email
- An email goes out automatically from the system any time a payment is made, but you can choose to send another one that is more customized if you’d like.
- Consider including tokens like: cart list, balance, and autobill
- Trigger: Payment made
- You can do this on the parent level with family tokens or on the child level with child level tokens. Note that if you do on the child level, the same email will send for each child.
- Registration or Payment Reminder
- Filter for families who haven’t completed registration or payment and send them a reminder.
- Trigger: There is no trigger for this, you’ll have to filter to find the right users, but you can easily bulk send the same email template to the filtered group, see below:
Step 5: Test, Embed, and Go Live!
Once you’re done editing your forms, adding products and autobill plans, and creating the email templates and triggers you need – you’re ready to test!
You can learn more about how to create a test user here. Make notes of any edits you’d like to make and ensure the process flows as you intended. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
Once your project is GOOD TO GO, you’ll want to embed it on your website. Learn how to do that here.
Lastly, switch your project from development mode to “On” and you’re all set!