To create a new email trigger, first you must navigate to the Message Management area – go to the “Settings” tab and click “Emails”
Now that you are in the message management area, locate the email you would like to add a trigger to and click the purple “Trigger” button
This opens up the first step in the triggering process which is to tell the email what to do when the trigger is activated (i.e. send to these people, or how many times do I want this email sent). In the case of emails, the recipients of the email must be set (users, yourself, additional admin) as well as the frequency (only once or anytime the trigger conditions are satisfied). Click “Set Events” once you complete the first step to begin setting trigger conditions.
The next interface that will allow you to select trigger event(s) to send the email (i.e. after user has paid their balance, or when form is completed). After you select the event(s) click “That’s it. I’m Finished”
- Registration: This section has options based on the overall registration (i.e. “user registers” or “child created”)
- Status: Triggers in this section would be comprised of the statuses that are created in the User Management section (i.e. “excluded status” or some other customstatus).
- Payments: This section is where you can trigger based on the status of each payment made (i.e. “payment marked as approved”).
- Forms: Triggers that can be set on the status of forms in their registration (i.e. “form complete” or “form incomplete”).
- Products/Services: Triggers that can be set on selection and payment of products (i.e.“product added to cart” or “product paid for”).
- Fields: Triggers that are set according to the answers selected by your registrants (i.e. if they say yes to a multiple choice question, or complete an answer field).
- Trigger settings:
- All options are required: The trigger will not activate unless ALL conditions are met.
- Any option is sufficient: The trigger will activate on ANY conditions that is listed.
- Reverse Trigger: This will remove the form if the condition(s) that you’ve selected are not fulfilled.