Product triggers will allow you to automatically send, add, show, or remove products from a user’s cart when certain conditions are met.
To begin, make sure you are in the Product Management interface by selecting the “Products” tab under the “Settings” menu (located to the right of the Regpack logo).
After a product is created, hovering your mouse over the newly created product will present a purple “Triggers” button.
Clicking this opens up the first step in the triggering process, which is to determine what the product does when the trigger condition is met. The action of the product must be set to either show, don’t show, add and hide, or add and show. See below for a description of each of these options.
- Show product in user’s product list – this will allow you to show a product in their list.
- Do not show product in user’s product list – this will allow you to omit products based on a selection.
- Add product to user’s cart – these options will allow you to automatically add a product to auser’s cart, but will give you the option to either allow other users to still see it or make the product invisible to other users
Next you will need to add or remove trigger event(s). After you select the event(s) click “That’s it. I’m Finished”
- Registration: This section has options based on the overall registration (i.e. “user registers” or “child created”)
- Status: Triggers in this section would be comprised of the statuses that are created in the User Management section (i.e. “excluded status” or some other customstatus).
- Payments: This section is where you can trigger based on the status of each payment made (i.e. “payment compete” or “needs to close balance”).
- Forms: Triggers that can be set on the status of forms in their registration (i.e. “form complete” or “form incomplete”).
- Products/Services: Triggers that can be set on selection and payment of products (i.e.”product added to cart” or “product paid for”).
- Fields: Triggers that are set according to the answers selected by your registrants (i.e. if they say yes to a multiple choice question, or complete an answer field).
- Trigger settings:
- All options are required: The trigger will not activate unless ALL conditions are met.
- Any option is sufficient: The trigger will activate on ANY conditions that is listed.
- Reverse Trigger: This will remove the form if the condition(s) that you’ve selected are not fulfilled.
Note: When quotas are applied to products that are triggered to add to a cart automatically, the system will stop adding that product when it reaches the set limit.
Once the trigger is set the lightning bolt located on the right of the product listing will light up. Clicking this bolt will allow you to easily inspect the triggers associated with that product.