Deciding which options specific users should see, is helpful when you have restrictions on who should or should not attend your program. A great example is an age restriction or a membership pricing differences. Product triggers will allow you to automatically add, show, or remove products when certain conditions are met.
To begin, make sure you are in the Product Management section. Click Settings > Products.
To edit the trigger, hover your mouse over the product with an existing trigger and click the “Triggers” button.
This opens the first step in the triggering process which is to tell the product what to do when the trigger is activated (when the criteria is met). When editing product triggers you’ll have to go through the entire process, so make sure you are comfortable with what each of the setting does (information on that is below the image).
Click “Set Trigger Conditions” once you complete the first step to begin setting trigger conditions.
- Show product in user’s product list – this will allow you to show a product in their list.
- Do not show product in user’s product list – this will allow you to omit products based on a selection.
- Add product to user’s cart – these options will allow you to automatically add a product to a user’s cart, but will give you the option to either allow other users to still see it or make the product invisible to other users
Next you will need to add or remove trigger conditions. After you select the conditions, click “That’s it, I’m Finished!”
Remember to double check if “All conditions are required” or “Any condition is sufficient” is selected.
- Registration: This section has options based on the overall registration (i.e. “user registers” or “child created”)
- Status: Triggers in this section would be comprised of the statuses that are created in the User Management section (i.e. “approved” or some other custom status).
- Payments: This section is where you can trigger based on the status of each payment made (i.e. “payment compete” or “needs to close balance”).
- Forms: Triggers that can be set on the status of forms in their registration (i.e. “form complete” or “form incomplete”).
- Products/Services: Triggers that can be set on selection and payment of products (i.e.”product added to cart” or “product paid for”).
- Fields: Triggers that are set according to the answers selected by your registrants (i.e. if they say yes to a multiple choice question, or complete an answer field).
- Trigger settings:
- All options are required: The trigger will not activate unless ALL conditions are met.
- Any option is sufficient: The trigger will activate on ANY conditions that is listed.
- Reverse Trigger: This will remove the form if the condition(s) that you’ve selected are not fulfilled.
Note: When quotas are applied to products that are triggered to add to a cart automatically, the system will stop adding that product when it reaches the set limit.
Once the trigger is set the lightning bolt will light up. Clicking this bolt will allow you to easily inspect the triggers associated with that product.
Remember to also test your triggered products on the front end to make sure everything is working properly.