Setting a trigger on a form allows you to show or hide a specific form based on a specific user action. For example, if a user status is changed, that can trigger additional forms added. Or if the user answers “yes” to a certain question that requires additional paperwork, you can have that form triggered only once they’ve said yes.
There are many applications for using the form trigger. Below let’s go over how to set one up.
To set a trigger for a form, first you must access the Form Management module. At the top of any Regpack admin page, hover over the “Settings” tab and click “Forms”.
Now that you are in the form management module, locate the form you would like to set a trigger for, mouse over it, and click the “Trigger” button.
Next, you will need to choose the conditions for your trigger.
You’ll see an interface which will allow you to select event(s) that you would like to trigger the inclusion or removal of forms in a registration.
Note that you can use the “search” option to quickly locate a field or form you want to include in your trigger conditions.
Ensure you select “all conditions are required” or “any condition is sufficient”, whichever best suits your goals. All conditions required means that a user will have to meet all conditions set in order for the form to trigger. Any condition sufficient means that only one of your conditions needs to be met in order for the form to trigger.
After you select the event(s) click the green “That’s it. I’m Finished” button on the bottom right.
Trigger Options Overview:
- Registration: This section has options based on the overall registration (i.e. “user registers” or “child created”)
- Status: Triggers in this section would be comprised of the statuses that are created in the User Management section (i.e. “excluded status” or some other custom status).
- Payments: This section is where you can trigger based on the status of each payment made (i.e. “payment compete” or “needs to close balance”).
- Forms: Triggers that can be set on the status of forms in their registration (i.e. “form complete” or “form incomplete”).
- Products/Services: Triggers that can be set on selection and payment of products (i.e. “product added to cart” or “product paid for”).
- Fields: Triggers that are set according to the answers selected by your registrants (i.e. if they say yes to a multiple choice question, or complete an answer field).
- Trigger settings:
- All options are required: The trigger will not activate unless ALL conditions are met.
- Any option is sufficient: The trigger will activate on ANY conditions that is listed.
- Reverse Trigger: This will remove the form if the condition(s) that you’ve selected are not fulfilled.