With the turmoil happening both in your job and in your personal life due to COVID-19, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed every where you turn.
From adjusting to a new working set up (different hours, working from home, etc), to finding childcare or managing social engagements, finding ways to cope with the stress is essential now more than ever. Especially if you are trying to manage events and activities in a new online environment.
There are some great resources to help guide you through managing this stress, and here are some of my favorites:
- Headspace App – A great app with guided meditations you can do anywhere. Meditations target sleeplessness, anxiety, and relationships.
- Insight Timer – Another great, and FREE, app with thousands of guided meditations and talks. There is also a basic meditation timer that allows you to set the sounds and time of your meditation.
- Simple self-care like taking breaks from watching the news, stretching or deep breath practice, and connecting with others on the phone or video calls. More great tips here.
- If you have children, this is a great resource for continuing education at home.
Tips for Working Remotely from Home
If you are lucky enough to have a job that allows you to work from home, you might feel some stress about setting up a home office and managing your productivity while working remotely.
Like with anything, creating a schedule can be helpful to set boundaries and get into a productive routine. Here are a few other tips:
- Create a schedule hour by hour every day that takes into account scheduled meetings, breaks for snacks, walks, and lunch, and prioritizes your top tasks.
- Make sure you have a comfortable work space – even take some time to set this up while you’re on the clock – to set you up for success.
- Amazon is still delivering! Make sure to ask your company to order, if you don’t already have, essential work from home tools like a good headset and microphone for conference calls, and other desk essentials.
- Make sure you’re comfortable! Video calls are a great option to keep face to face communication happening, but that doesn’t mean you have to dress to the nines! The more comfortable you feel, the more productive you’ll be!
Ideas for Managing Your Event or Programs Online
There are some great tips in this article I wrote, but here are my top tips for how to best manage your program or event using an online platform:
- Find an easy platform to use to broadcast live. This includes Facebook Live, Google Hangouts, or Zoom – depending on your needs.
- Use an online attendee management tool like Regpack to communicate with participants, manage payments for your offerings, and more.
- Use social media to connect with participants, share updates, and promote your new offerings
- COMMUNICATE & REMIND! With things moving from in person to online, reminders are so key to making sure everyone is on the same page, knows what is happening when, and knows where to go (links, times, calendar invites, etc!)
Resources to stay up to date on COVID-19:
World Health Organization (WHO)
Center for Disease Control (CDC)
How to Properly Wash Your Hands