You and I both know that the best results are born out of analyzing and optimizing. Regpack is already helping you do this for registration, but we wanted to take it a step further.
To that end, we’ve made some updates to the information that Regpack passes to Google Analytics in an effort to help support your organization’s marketing. Google Analytics is “the” place organization’s go to get data and insight on their website, including where conversions are coming from, traffic volume, how much time visitors spend on their site, and more.
GTAG has been implemented into the Regpack system, which will seamlessly push data into Google Analytics, including 4 registration events from your system. All you have to do is link your Google Analytics account in Regpack (in one quick step!) and Regpack will do the rest!
Connecting Google Analytics in your Regpack Account
Getting this set up is easy! Simply login to your Regpack account and go to Settings > Project Settings. Under the “General” tab, simply input your Google Analytics ID number. Here is a helpful article on setting up Google Analytics if you haven’t already.
The image below shows you where to find the Google Analytics field in Project Settings.
The following events are now updated in your Google Analytics:
- Sign-up: When a user registers, this will be tagged as engagement.
- Payment Issued: This will fire when a payment is issued, including the value of it. It will be tagged as “e-commerce”.
- Form View: When a user views a form, tagged as “registration_Process”
- Form Complete: When a user completes a form, also tagged as “registration_process”
Note that these actions are only recorded on the front-end of your system, not the back end activities.
To get started setting up a conversion event using these events in Google Analytics, read this article as a guide. For seasoned Google Analytics users, you simply want to select “Event” as your goal type when setting up a new Goal.
Where to view this data:
In Google Analytics, can view this data under the Behavior Tab. On the left-hand side, simply click Behavior > Events, Event Category = Regpack.
You can also generate reports based on these events. The article mentioned above has a breakdown of this, but here’s an overview:
- Goal Values in Acquisition Reports
- Multi-Channel Funnels / Attribution Reporting
- Page Value Reporting
Form URL’s in Regpack
We have also updated the backend to show the specific URL of all forms, so you can select any form as a conversion event in Google Analytics.
This can be found at the bottom of the form edit dialog. Simply click Settings > Forms > Hover, Click “Edit” to find the form URL.
Creating Conversion Events in Google Analytics
Learn more about creating conversion events in Google Analytics here. The video below is also a great guide to get started!
Creating Goals with Registration Events
If you’d like to connect a specific goal with a GA event, or if you want to trigger a goal based on these events, do the following:
- Click on your Admin gear icon and go to the “Goal” section.
- Create a new goal.
- In the setup, create a custom goal and press “continue”.
- In Goal Description, name the goal and set the goal type as “event”. Press “continue”.
- In Goal Detalis, set the category to be equal to Regpack.
- Depending on the action you want to trigger an event based off of, use the action equal to the correct event.
- Keep the Label field blank.
- Set the value to Greater than Zero.
- Turn off the toggle “Use the Event Value as the Goal Value for the conversion”. You can set a monetary value here as well.